This is a fool proof, step by step, gallery wall formula:
1. Create a cohesive color palette. Try and keep your pieces feeling similar in tone and intensity.
2. Start with something large and in charge to anchor the whole wall. Make sure to put it off center to not have it be the total center of attention.
3. Keep your second Largest piece separate from he first. You want to balance the wall so make sure to spread out the big pieces.
4. Mix horizontals and verticals. Don’t have your frames all be the same orientation. It will make it look more interesting.
5. Mix up frame colors and styles. To avoid chaos, start with two or three colored frames.
6. Float mount your art. Anything can look instantly elevated if it’s float mounted.
7. Add something personal. It’s your home so something of yours should be on your wall. Your own artwork, a polaroid, an album, a concert ticket. It’s up to you.
8. Make a mini grid. To give a little structure make a small grid with corresponding art pieces.
9. Not everything needs to be “art”. Play with three dimensional items whether that’s a sconce or framed object.
*Taken from styledbyemilyhenderson
Comments will be approved before showing up.